Saturday, December 7, 2013

Where does your journey end? You seek that which would bestow upon you the right to rule. A quest to reclaim a homeland, and slay a dragon!

It has been an extremely long time since my last update, and I do apologise for that! Things have been a little hectic as the semester is coming to an end. Lots of essays to write and readings to catch up on. This semester I put my priorities somewhere other than school work, and to be honest, it felt great! I've gotten a taste of what post-graduation is going to be like and I cannot wait to be done with school! That being said, I have really missed going to a school with a huge creative outlet. I try to explain to my friends how much I miss sewing, drawing, and painting, and I get some strange looks, especially from the history students!

One of the great things about living in London is that everyone gets really excited about Christmas really early, and it's acceptable because there is (obviously) no Thanksgiving here. Trying to find a resemblance of a Thanksgiving meal here is pretty difficult, which I why I settled with some pasta and pale ale. It was strange to be on my own for the first time on a holiday. It gave me time to reflect on all of the things I'm thankful for, and get excited for the next big holiday..... Candy Making! For those of you who don't know, the Rehberg family gets together once a year and we spend all day making candy canes, surrounded by family, friends, and lots of sugar! I think I get more excited about candy making than I do about Christmas! I am bummed that I won't be able to be there, but  then again I have a very good reason not to be!

Ever since Paris, I have been putting a little bit more focus on getting all of my essays done, so I have more time to play during my last couple weeks. I saw two shows in the last two weeks. First I saw a show called Mojo. The best way to describe it, is as a 1950's gangster comedy. There was some serious star power in this show. It was an all male cast including Rupert Grint, Brendan Coyle (Mr. Bates from Downton), and Ben Wishaw (Q from Skyfall). It was an amazing experience and I guess you could say I was starstruck. Then I saw The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. This is by far, the best performance I have seen yet! I was moved to tears by the sheer beauty of the staging (and if you know me at all, that never happens!). It was one of those shows  that if it wasn't executed perfectly, it would just come off as pretentious and self-indulgent. Thankfully it wasn't! There's nothing I loathe more than art for art's sake (and I have seen my fair share of that!).

This is officially the last week of classes. Time has just flown  by! I have a few things left on my to-do list, including schoolwork, but it's mostly more of the fun stuff.
That's about it for now!
Cheers,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment